There are three differences between cold rolled steel and stainless steel:
一.The essence of the two is different:
1. The essence of cold-rolled steel: cold-rolled steel is the steel produced by cold-rolled. Cold rolling is a kind of steel plate which is further rolled to the target thickness at room temperature.
2. The essence of stainless steel: Stainless steel is abbreviated as stainless acid-resistant steel. Weak corrosion-resistant medium such as air, steam, water or stainless steel is called stainless steel, while the corrosion-resistant steel is called acid-resistant steel.
二. The characteristics of the two are different:
1. Characteristic of cold rolled steel: The thickness of cold rolled steel sheet is more accurate, and the surface is smooth and beautiful. At the same time, it has various superior mechanical properties, especially in processing performance.
2. Characteristics of stainless steel: Most stainless steel products require good corrosion resistance, polishing performance, heat resistance and corrosion resistance.
三.The purpose of the two is different:
1. The use of cold-rolled steel: cold-rolled strips are widely used, such as automobile manufacturing, electrical products, locomotives and vehicles, aviation, precision instruments, canned food, etc. Cold-rolled sheet is the abbreviation of common carbon structural steel cold-rolled sheet, also known as cold-rolled sheet, commonly known as cold-rolled sheet, sometimes miswritten as cold-rolled sheet.
The cold plate is a hot rolled strip of common carbon structural steel. After further cold rolling, the cold plate with thickness less than 4 mm is made. Because there is no oxide scale produced during rolling at room temperature, the surface quality of cold plate is good and the dimension accuracy is high. In addition to annealing treatment, the mechanical and technological properties of cold plate are superior to those of hot rolled thin plate. It has been gradually replaced by hot rolled thin plate in many fields, especially in the field of household appliances manufacturing.
2. Use of stainless steel: Most of the requirements are to maintain the original appearance of the building for a long time. In determining the type of stainless steel to be selected, the main consideration is the required aesthetic standards, the corrosiveness of the atmosphere and the cleaning system to be adopted. However, other applications are increasingly seeking structural integrity or impermeability.
For example, roofs and sidewalls of industrial buildings. In these applications, the construction cost of the owner may be more important than aesthetics, and the surface is not very clean. The effect of 304 stainless steel in dry indoor environment is quite good.